Work Injury Treatment in Canton OH
For those that have been involved in work injuries, you know that dealing with the pain, the lost time from employment and the changes in your everyday life can be quite challenging.
With many years of treating those who have had a work injury, Dr Brent Ungar, is able to effectively diagnose and treat those who have been injured while on the job. Many of these injuries are quite specific and it takes a doctor who has the specific knowledge of managing these types of problems.
What is a Work Injury?
Work injuries can happen at any time and to anyone. Anytime an employee is in the act of performing their job duties and are injured, this may constitute a work injury.
Obviously, there are many types of injuries that can happen while on the job. Repetitive injuries can occur over a period of time or acute injuries can happen at one specific time. However, its important to have a qualified professional evaluate the injury to determine what the root cause is.
Let’s review some of the more common types of work injuries.
- Low Back Pain – Injuries to the lumbar spine or pelvic region
- Neck Pain – Injuries to the neck or upper back
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome – Pain in the wrist or hand due to median nerve compression
- Sprains and Strains – Injuries to tendons or ligaments
How We Treat Work Injuries
We have treated a great deal of patients with work related injuries. If you, or someone you love, suffers from a work injury, we would begin with a discussion with Dr. Ungar.
Our typical process involves:
- Obtaining a thorough history of the work injury and health history of the patient
- Performing a complete examination of the patient
- Obtaining any diagnostic tests (if necessary) to better understand the problem
- Discussing the diagnosis with you
- Reviewing the findings and treatment options with you
If we feel that we can help your problem and you decide to begin with a treatment plan, we will work with you to help resolve your problem.
View the next article